Anyone can nominate a player to the APF Hall of Fame by submitting a nomination packet by October 31 of each year.
A Screening Committee reviews the nominations in the following categories: players, executive division and game officials. Those who pass through the Screening Committee are examined in detail by the Honors Committee in each category, which is made up of Arena Pro Football team executives, media and league executives. Players must be retired for at least three years in order to be considered. Coaches and referees can also be considered after three years of retirement.
Successful candidates must receive at least 18 votes from the Honors Committee. The induction ceremony is held championship weekend of each year.
CATEGORY I: Coach/Staff
1. Outstanding career as a coach/staff member that has brought exceptional distinction to the individual, the institution, and/or the league.
2. Must have served as a coach/staff member for a minimum of five (5) years. Other considerations will be at the discretion of the Hall of Fame Committee.
CATEGORY II: Player
Nominated for athletic achievements during their playing careers.
1. Outstanding performance and achievements as a player that brought exceptional distinction to sport of indoor football.
2. Eligible after five (5) years of professional experience.
3. Preference given to players who earned league awards or similar status at least two years or documented equivalent accomplishment.
CATEGORY III: Executive
Nominated for an outstanding contribution to the league and the sport of Indoor football.
1. Outstanding organization or business executive that has brought exceptional distinction to the sport of indoor football and/or the league.
2. Must have been associated with the sport or the league for a minimum of five (5) years. Other considerations will be at the discretion of the Hall of Fame Committee.
Nominations can be made by any league member or league official and must be accompanied by two (2) supporting endorsements. The nominee's resume must accompany the nomination form